12 Reasons Silver Is a Better Investment Than Gold
- There is less silver in the world for investors today than gold.
(See Where Is the Silver?)
- The historic gold:silver ratio is 15:1, but today's ratio is much higher.
- For every real ounce of silver in tradable form, there are approximately 100 ounces of paper silver impersonating real silver and artificially keeping the price down.
- There is concentrated short selling on the COMEX silver futures market that is equal to several months' of global production and which clearly suppresses the silver spot price but has been overlooked by the CFTC for many years.
- (170 days of world production as of 7 Sept. 2010.)
- Silver bullion is harder to buy than gold bullion in many countries.
- Silver is the most popular conductor of electricity in many electronics products, like computers, cell phones, TVs, DVDs, iPods, RFID tags, wall switches.
- Silver is a superior reflector of light and is used in photography and mirrors.
- Silver is used in many washing machines, refrigerators, batteries, solar energy, nanotechnology and some health products.
- Silver is used in about 90% of all crystalline silicon photovoltaic cells, which are the most common type of solar cell.
(See Solar Energy.)
- There is no substitute for silver in many of the above applications.
- Few people know about silver, but many people know about gold.
- In Bible times, a day's wages was one denarius, which had about 1/10 of an ounce of silver. Thus, ten days of hard work would yield about one ounce. Think about the value of ten days of labor today. One ounce of silver could be worth even more!
Important Developments in the Precious Metals Markets
- In Treasury Report, Shocking Evidence of Silver Price Suppression GATA, May 7, 2010
- Trader Blows Whistle On Gold and Silver Price Manipulation, NY Post, April 11, 2010
- Harvey and Lenny Organ and Adrian Douglas Drop Another Bombshell, KWN, April 7, 2010
- Bill Murphy of GATA Explains Gold Price Suppression to the CFTCYouTube, March 25, 2010
- Bill Murphy of GATA Reveals Whistle-Blower in Gold Price Suppression, YouTube, March 25, 2010
- Adrian Douglas exposes LBMA OTC Gold Market as a Ponzi scheme, YouTube, March 2010
- Ted Butler on the Metals Market, King World News interview, April 3, 2010
- GATA Roundtable Meeting About the CFTC Meeting and Andrew Mcguire's Whistle blowing, KWN, Mar. 31, 2010
- Andrew Maguire and Adrian Douglas Discuss What Could Be the Largest Fraud in History, KWN, Mar. 30, 2010
- Andrew McGuire Walks the CFTC Through A Silver Manipulation in Advance (Jan. 6 - Feb. 9, 2010)
- CFTC: Obey Your Plaque! (Stop the Fraud!) by Jason Hommel, April, 1, 2010
- CFTC Hearing; Poised to Act! (CFTC aiming to regulate silver market!)by Jason Hommel, Mar. 30, 2010